Wednesday, December 30, 2009

When will I learn?

I'm always so excited for new technology but forget about the early adopter tax. Now I do like my new Windows 7 computer but I have to wait to be able to use it fully. To be fair it works better now than my Vista laptop ever did but I can't get some things to work on it. Some of the item I'm having issues with are my Blue usb mic. I still have to plug that in to a Windows XP machine to use it, just got a new firewire card reader that is not working, I spent all morning yesterday resetting my monitor profiles, and I have several Photoshop plugins that are not supported on Window 7 yet. Yet even with those issues I would still rather have it then my Vista laptop.

4 comments:

Bernie said...

Comparing it to Vista may not be a good measuring stick. How does it compare to XP? That is the question....

CalebSchuster said...

It is faster and more slick than xp and I would not be able to have the use of as much ram on XP from what I understand. It does run more like xp than Vista.

CalebSchuster said...

Most of the photophop plug in issues were fixed by using the 32bit version of photophop

CalebSchuster said...

The Win 7 computer is working great and I have taken my laptop back to XP and it is working ok still can't play DVD some issue with the video codecs!?