Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Good News Bad News

Well I passed my physical and psychological for UH FD, but the city just put a freeze on new hires due to budget issues. The chief just called me today to tell me, it was a surprise to him as well. They have a tax levy that "should" come through in Nov. That would let them hire again. The PD is in the same situation that the FD is in. I'm still their #1 guy to get hired as soon as they can, but due to municipal math until then they will continue to pay overtime to fill the shift that I would be working. It is disappointing I was all set to start working Sunday. I've been reading over their dept. Protocols and and trying to learn the city streets. It is not that they are not hiring me it is just that they can't put me on yet.

Although I already put my notice in with AMR, I did not leave with a bad attitude. I called them and my official last day would have been Saturday so they were able to put me back on in my original shift. So maybe November maybe January?

5 comments:

GrammaBear said...

Caleb, I'm sorry to hear of the delay. But all of these things are in God's hands, and you can trust Him. We'll keep praying for all things to work out for good for you.

Donna said...

OHHHHHH, Sorry Caleb. Hopefully things will get done sooner!

Jason said...

Dude man, dude. Delays like that blow...but at least you old place will let you stay on.

Also, it is awesome that you misspelled "maybe" twice in two different ways in a single sentence. Please don't fix it...I like it so much my head just 'asplode'.

Crystal said...

Yeah it really is a bummer but it's like a told him God always has a backup plan. Always gotta trust in Him!

Ó Seasnáin said...

A bummer, yes. But you have the security in knowing that you are capable of catching your dreams. Maybe this also gives you the chance of applying to other companies that you would have otherwise overlooked; who knows?