Wednesday, December 07, 2005

#8 Twinsburg



I just got a letter back from the City of Twinsburg Civil Service Dept. I placed 8th out of about 250 applicants! This was the test that I almost missed getting lost driving from Cleveland. I seem to be starting to get better at these tests. The first one I took was Maple Hts. I placed 65th out of 200, and more recently 15th in Brunswick and now 8th in Twinsburg! It is really due in a big part to being a US Army veteran. When I was in basic training we were going around the room giving our reasons for joining the Army. Most of the guys and girls there talked about school money, new experinces, and an escape from home situations. They got to me and I said "I joined to serve my country and to get my 20pt bonus on fire civil service tests." It is a lot of extra points on most tests but you can't say I did not work for it.

6 comments:

Bek said...

very cool. congrats.

amy said...

i think it's great that vets get things like that. what does it mean as far as a job goes that you placed 8th?

CalebSchuster said...

Being in the top ten means that if the city want's to hire even one firefighter they have to pick one out of the top ten so they interview the first ten and hire one; next they interview Mr. or Mrs. 11 and hire one out of those ten. I'm not even really sure if they are looking to hire anyone this comming year or not but the list that I am on is good for two years. We will see what happens

Grammabear said...

Congratulations on your steady improvement, Caleb! You did earn those extra points, big time. Your grandmother is feeling quite proud of you.

CalebSchuster said...

Thanks
I just found out that Twinsburg will be building a new station soon they have already hired an architect. When they have the new building they will be looking to hire at least 9-12 new firefighters.

O'Seasnain said...

yes, you definately worked for it! great job! I am sure that it will only be a matter of time before you find yourself in full uniform.