Tuesday, November 08, 2005

23 Broadway

There is not too much that really gets me frustrated but being lost and late are two of the biggest. Last night I had a fire test in Twinsburg to take. Before I left work in Cleveland I printed out directions to the place in Twinsburg. Goggle said it would be about a 40min drive and I left with an hour and a half. I was planning on taking a nice drive out there and grabbing a bite to eat with plenty of time to spare. I left and was following the directions that I had printed out when I came to a detour and bridge that was closed before I 90. I will be the first to admit I don't know how to get around in Cleveland, so when I took the detour and the signs came to a rude halt not telling me where to go I found my self not really knowing ware to go, mind you then area I ended up in is not one were you really want to stop and ask directions. It was not long and I came to 480 at last a road that I know! I got on and started heading E. The directions I had told me to get off at exit 23 Broadway, so I did now this is ware it really gets bad. Next was a slight L turn so I did not see a slight L turn onto Broadway so I turned L. After going back and forth for about 20+ min. I stopped at a gas station where the nice lady told me there are two exit 23 Broadways off 480 don't ask my why?!?!?!?! Well to rap this up I made it to the test about 3 min. Late they were already passing out the tests. The people running it were nice enough to sign me in and get me in to take the test. The test went well I feel that I did really good on it. There bonus points were really small such as 4pts for a bachelors in fire sci. and 1pt for being a Twinsburg volunteer. The good news is that the only large extra credit item was military veterans get a whole 20%! I don't even know if they are planning on hiring anyone soon but the list is good for two years.

2 comments:

amy said...

i, too, hate being late! and i would have done the same thing - leaving with time to spare to eat, relax, ect. glad the test went well!

Bek said...

glad your nerves were calm enuf to do well on the test - sometime i get all outta sorts when i get lost going places - but sounds like u kept your cool.....