Thursday, September 08, 2005

disaster relief update

Hey everyone, it's Crystal again! Well Caleb called me last night and told me there are about 50 miles from Gulfport, MS now and are security gaurds patroling a local airport. He tells me the civilians there have been absolutely wonderful. Some of them still have their houses and are letting these soldiers take hot showers and eat their food. Talk about southern hospitality! Caleb will be back on the 20th, which gives us enough time to get the basics into our apartment and get the very last details of the wedding done. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away! Time has been flying. I sure hope these next 2 weeks fly so we can start our lives together. I'm so proud of him for helping the people of his country in their time of need. Well y'all, there isn't much else to report on at this time, but I will keep you posted.

Crystal

2 comments:

O'Seasnain said...

It's so good to hear that Caleb is safe and sound - not dealing with the looters or something crazy!

Jason said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for Caleb down there. It's crunch time for the wedding now, though.