Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Deploying for the floods


I am a Military Police Officer and I just received word a few hrs ago that my unit has been activated for a law and order mission in the area of Mississippi for the flooding. I have to report tomorrow at 8am. At this time they are telling us to be ready for no more than 30 days. I should be back before Sept. 24th Because of my wedding. They may not send me at all. As it stands I am packing my bags as I write this. That is all I know at this time. It's the military no promises.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh no! Crystal is probably flipping her lid!! Well we will pray. If she needs any help moving while you are gone we will help as much as we can.

Jason said...

Oh man, talk about bad timing! Just as you are getting down to the nitty-gritty of finalizing your wedding plans. I was listening to the radio today and lots of National Guardsmen are getting activated and shipped down south to help out.

It needs to be done, though. I'm getting sick of hearing about looters and people shooting at rescue workers. I know it's not humane, but it makes me so mad I just want to shoot back at them. Jail is just not enough.

Jason said...

Well, it sounds like you are off. Please stay alert and be careful down there. Hopefully they will get you back soon and not ask you to come back right after your wedding. I don't even know what you do for the Guard. Do you drive stuff or just keep the peace or work on technical stuff or what? I look forward to hearing some updates from you soon.